Coro jewelry, Cohn & Rosenberger, was founded in New York by Emanuel Cohn & Carl Rosenberger in 1901/1902 and incorporated in 1913. A factory was established in Providence, RI in 1911. Based in New York & Providence; at times they had a presence in Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Miami, Toronto, England and Mexico. The corporate name "Coro" was adopted in 1943. By 1979 all the Coro companies, except the Canadian company, were bankrupt. Gene Verri was the head designer and personally responsible for many, many of Coro's famous designs. Adolph Katz also signed many of the patents as a representative of the company.