ORDERS & PACKAGING
1. How do I place an order?
- Ordering from talkingfashion is easy! Once you find an item you would like to purchase, simply click the "Add to Cart" button in that product's description page.
- You can check the contents of your shopping cart at any time by clicking the "Cart" button at the top of the page.
- If you decide to remove an item from your cart, just click "Delete" to the right of the product you would like to remove.
- You can also adjust the quantity of any product in your shopping cart. To do this, type in the new quantity and click on the "Update Quantity" button at the bottom of the shopping cart page.
- Assuming the quantity you have requested is available, you will now see the adjusted quantities as well as your new subtotal (if you enter a quantity that is greater than the quantity available, your purchase quantity will reflect the maximum quantity available).
2. Want to pay for your order by bank card or with PayPal? Once you’ve added your item to your Cart, here’s how:
- In your Cart, click “Proceed with my order”
- Click on “Proceed with my order” again
- Check the items in your Cart are the ones you want
- Check your shipping and billing addresses
- Select your shipping option
- Select your payment option: debit card, credit card or PayPal
On the payment page, you’ll just have to fill in the requested information.
3. Do items come with original packaging and paperwork?
Some of our items come with original tags, boxes, dust bags and authenticity cards. When available, the original packaging will be mentioned in the item description.
4. What kind of packaging to you use for shipping?
- We are a green sustainable company that recycles everything we can, and buy only eco-friendly packaging. Even our gift wrapping ribbons are organic and sustainable.
- Most of our clients do not want others to know their delivered package has valuable jewelry, coveted designer accessories or perhaps a surprise gift they bought. We use recycled brown cardboard boxes for shipping. New and upcycled ones, no branding; just plain brown boxes.
- Please note that sale items might be shipped in Standard (eco-friendly) re-used packaging.
5. Do your offer gift wrapping service?
Yes. We offer our online shoppers the opportunity to get their gifts wrapped before we ship. It’ll save you the hassle, in case you would like that, just add the service to your order. We also offer the option of a “Gift Kit” that includes a gift box, tissue paper, a ribbon and a tag. That is the perfect option for those who want to see & touch their gifts before giving it to the recipient.
6. Can I buy a Gift Card?
Not at this moment unfortunately. We are researching a few good options for us and will implement in the near future. Make sure to sign up for our emails and get notice of events and benefits like that.
7. What are your shipping and delivery options? And how do I track my order?
We will send an email notification including tracking information when your package has shipped. You can view the status of your order, obtain tracking information about your order in the My Purchases section under My Account.
For information on our domestic and international shipping options, click here.
8. Can I cancel my order?
We want to deliver your purchase as soon as possible, so we process orders in real time during business hours. This means we are unable to cancel orders once they have entered the shipping process. This usually occurs within 30 minutes during business hours. To find out if your order is eligible for cancellation, please contact our team
PAYMENT & RETURNS
9. What is your return policy?
- Returns must be requested within 14 days of shipment date or pop-up shop event date, and items must be received within 21 days of shipment date or pop-up shop event date.
- You must request a Returned Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number during this 14-day period to qualify for a refund.
- We recommend a return shipping method that allows you to track the package to make sure the it reaches us.
- Postage and insurance costs, as well as original shipping charges, are not refundable.
- It is strongly recommended that you insure the package, as you will be responsible for ensuring that all items arrive at the returns center in their original condition.
- Refunds will not be issued if the returned products have been damaged or altered in any way before arriving at the Returns Center.
Attention: Customer Returns
2049 Builders Place
Columbus, OH 43204
10. Can I return sale items?
- No returns or exchanges will be accepted on the following items and sales of the following items are considered Final Sale: Vintage items, Customized items, Books and Magazines, Special Order Items.
11. What happens if I bought an item but did not love as I expected?
- No problem. In case your item does not qualify for a full refund, we offer consignment services to resell it for you. Shoppers are able to put bought items for sale again within 10 days from the date of dispatch of their parcel (problem with the fit, color, style etc.). Resales are not subject to commission. Only handling fees are deducted, minimum $10, maximum $50, depending on the original price paid for the item when first purchased from us.
- Purchase price up to $100 will pay a $10 fee that will be deducted after resale of the item.
- Purchase price $101-$200 will pay a $20 fee
- Purchase price $201-$300 will pay a $30 fee
- Purchase price $301-$400 will pay a $40 fee
- Purchase price $401-up will pay a $50 fee
12. What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept the following forms of payment:
- American Express
13. Do you offer installment payments?
Yes! You can start enjoying now and pay later. Split your purchase into easy monthly installments. We partner with Paypal to offer you up to 6 months installment payment plans. In order to qualify, you must use paypal as payment method during check out. Visit their site for more details
14. Do you offer site credit? How does it work?
- Site credit may be issued for promotional purposes and occasionally for refunds. Site credits expire in 90 days or less, unless otherwise indicated. All credits are issued in USD.
- Refunds that are issued in the form of site credit have no expiration date. If you have site credit available, it will automatically be applied during the checkout process for your next purchase.
15. Are Products Sold On The Site Authentic?
All items purchased through talkingfashion are guaranteed as 100% authentic, including both contemporary and vintage pieces.
16. How do you authenticate each item?
Each item we accept is put through an authentication process by a team of accessory-experts. For questions regarding authenticity, please contact us.
17. What are the condition standards to consign with TF?
We inspect each item carefully and guarantee the quality of the item and its condition. Each accepted item is categorized as Pristine, Excellent, Very Good, or Good.
- Handbags & Accessories: Items show no signs of being worn and include tags.
- Jewelry: Items show no signs of being worn, but do not require tags.
- Handbags & Accessories: Items are in perfect condition but tags are not attached.
- Jewelry: Items show only extremely superficial signs of wear, such as light surface scratches.
- Handbags & Accessories: Handbags may have slightly worn corners.
- Jewelry: Items may have slight scratches at metal, but stones are still perfect.
- Handbags & Accessories: Handbags may have worn corners, tarnishing at hardware and creasing to leather.
- Jewelry: Items may have moderate scratches or tarnishing at any component.
18. Looking for a particular item? Our community can help you find the piece of your dreams.
- Email-us your “wanted” list. Let us know the category, material, colors, designer name. If possible, add a picture of the item you’re looking for.
You'll receive notifications by e-mail as soon as we find an item similar to the one you're looking for.
19. What kind of products do you consider for taking on consignment?
Costume jewelry, scarf and bag are our top sale categories. But, depending upon current trends, we may also consider taking in other accessories, such as: hats, gloves, eyewear, headwear, watches and small goods.
We also offer Decor & Props in the shop. If you have unique quality items, such as: ashtrays, pipes, vanity hand-mirrors, OR vintage fashion magazines and books, we would to see it. NOTE: At this moment we are unable to take on new consignment. If you have further questions, please let us know.
20. Does talkingfashion.net have any locations to consign in person?
Yes! By appointment only. You can schedule to visit us at our local Consignment Office to drop off your consignment or receive a free, expert valuation in a no-pressure casual environment. We currently have one location in Columbus, OH
Schedule an appointment to meet with our jewelry and accessories experts and learn how much your treasure items are worth. Ask questions, learn how the value is determined and if you choose, easily consign on the spot. It’s all free. Email us to inquiry about your appointment. NOTE: At this moment we are unable to accept and process new consignment pieces.
21. What is the best way to care for my antique jewelry?
Each material deserves different care. For more details and tips, please visit our "Jewels & Accessory Care" page
SALES & PROMOTIONS
22. How Do I Learn About Latest Updates And Upcoming Events?
Simply register for our online Newsletter to receive notifications on our latest events and other talkingfashion news . If you are interested in a particular designer or specific piece, let us know. DM us on social or email us here
23. How do I use my promotional discount code? Here’s how:
- Add the item(s) you want to your Cart
- In your Cart, click “Proceed with my order”
- After reviewing your order, click on “Proceed with my order” again
- Enter you promotional code in the window above the tax-included price of your order.
- Your discount on qualified items will be reflected in your order total.
- Some high value items are excluded from discounts and promotional codes.
- Items that do not qualify for discounts will have the phrase “Coupons and discounts are not available for this product” on their unique product pages.
- Only one promotional code can be used per order
- Apply Promo code and make sure your balance reflects the updated checkout amount.
24. Which items are excluded from promotions and discounts?
We might eventually have some of our most covetable items not eligible for discounts based on current market value and demand. Items that do not qualify for discounts will have the phrase “Coupons and discounts are not available for this product” on their unique product pages. Only one promotional code can be used per order, and promotional discount codes may eventually not be combined with markdown items.
SERVICES (NOTE: At this moment all of our services are suspended. We will update the site when it becomes available again. Thank you for your understanding)
25. Would you be interested on selling some inherited jewelry I got?
Yes. We offer great commission split for couture quality costume jewelry. Please contact us to set an appointment.
26. What is a Pop-up Shop? How does it work?
Pop-up Shop is a fun event that gather girlfriends to try-on jewelry and, it can provide extra income to the hostess. Read full details here
27. Can I request one of your stylists to host a jewelry party at my work place?
Absolutely. We would love to support you! Please drop us a line or email us the location where you would like our stylist to go. If we have any available stylist in the vicinity of your requested location, we will contact you with further details and proceed planning.
28. I need some sculptural and unique jewelry for a photoshoot coming up. Can we collaborate?
Yes and yes! Let us know date, location, reason for the shoot; along with your name, contact and affiliation. We ship things quickly.
29. Can I get a discount since I am going to promote your jewelry?
Of course! If you give us the right to use your photography for commercial purposes, we will swap favors! And if you want to keep items forever, you can buy them with a discount.
30. Do you guys offer Rewards for my purchases?
We believe it’s only fair yes! Your loyalty deserves and will be rewarded. For more details please visit
31. Is there any incentives to refer my friends?
You bet! Each friend will give you credits! For more details please visit
32. Can I save my favorites and email to someone else?
Absolutely! You can save all your faves in the wish list. Email it whenever it’s ready.
33. Can you help me find some specific accessories I have been looking for?
We love to help whenever we can. We will always do our best to find your “wanted” pieces. Either email our head of style: email@example.com or book a session with our stylists online:
34. What Is talkingfashion.net?
Talkingfashion.net is an online store supporting sustainability and freedom of style. We have a large selection of unique sustainable and vintage fashion jewelry, accessories and clothes. A portion of our sales is used to fund Educational Programs and students who attend Columbus Fashion Academy.
35. Are you hiring?
We are always looking for talent. Please visit our Career Page to check current openings.
36. What is the heart icon next to each item?
Clicking the heart next to an item allows you to add it to your Wish List — a place where you can bookmark your favorites. Add the pieces you love and we’ll send you notifications if they go on sale. To access your Wish List, click the heart in the upper right on the site.
37. I've Forgotten My Login/Password. What Should I Do?
Utilize the "Forgot Password" prompt when attempting to sign into your talkingfashion profile, upon which a password reset link will be sent to the email address on file.
38. How Do I Change My Email Address Or Password?
Sign into your talkingfashion account and click on "Edit" in the "Settings" section of your account center. If you need help changing your email or password, please let us know.
39. How Do I Unsubscribe From talkingfashion Emails?
Simply email us at come2visit2gmail.com to remove your email address from our online Newsletter. You may also click the "Unsubscribe" button at the bottom of each Newsletter email and follow the steps in the prompted window. Please allow 48 hours for your unsubscription request to take effect.
If you can't find the answer to your question - please give us a call! The best time to reach us is Mon - Fri 8:30am - 5:30pm (U.S. Eastern Time).